Sagex Farms-In to Genesis' UKCS License, Exploration Well
Genesis announced that Sagex Petroleum UK Ltd., subject to BERR approval, will farm-in to the P1281 License relating to UKCS Block 9/5b. Genesis will currently retain an 80% interest in the License with Sagex taking 20%. Genesis will remain Operator.
The Sedco 704 semisubmersible drilling rig has commenced operations on the Block 9/5b exploration well and under the terms of the farm-in agreement, Sagex will fund their ongoing 20% interest in the block, carry a percentage of Genesis' costs in the well and pay certain historical costs.
Several other companies have expressed an interest in the Block and it is possible that other farm-in agreements may be reached before conclusion of the drilling operation. If no other farm-in agreements are reached by September 6, 2008, Sagex has an option to increase its interest to a maximum of 50%.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Genesis Petroleum more info
- Genesis Picks Up UK North Sea, Norwegian Blocks (Jun 15)
- Genesis Scoops Up Production License Offshore Norway (May 01)
- Genesis Grabs Interests in 2 UK North Sea Licenses (Nov 13)
Company: Sagex Petroleum ASA more info
- Valiant Finalizes Sagex Deal, Reports Drilling Date for License P471 (Jun 17)
- Sagex, Lindir Pull Out of E&P License in Dreki Area Off Iceland (Sep 23)
- Aker Exploration Withdraws Application for Dreki Licensing Round (Jul 20)