Mariner Ups Production in GOM's Bass Lite Deepwater Field
Mariner Energy, Inc. has completed the primary production system for its Bass Lite deepwater field in the Gulf of Mexico. The completed system allows production of up to 130 million cubic feet of natural gas per day (MMcf/d) from the two wells at Bass Lite, up from previous early production levels of 70-75 MMcf/d. Current daily production from the field is 118 MMcf/d.
Bass Lite, located in Atwater Valley Block 426 in water depths of approximately 6,750 feet, commenced operation in February 2008 from an early production system that allowed a single well to produce while construction of the primary production system was completed. Natural gas is produced from Bass Lite via a 56-mile subsea tieback to the Devils Tower Spar located on Mississippi Canyon Block 773.
Mariner is the Operator at Bass Lite and holds a 42.2% working interest in the field. Other working interest owners in the field include EOG Resources, Inc., Energy Resource Technology GOM, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Helix Energy Solutions Group; Deep Gulf Energy LP, and Eni.
- BOEMRE Deems Heater-Treater Cause of Vermilion Fire (May 25)
- Apache Releases Earnings Consideration Elections (Nov 15)
- Apache Finalizes $800MM Merger with Mariner (Nov 10)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: EOG Resources, Inc. more info
- US Drillers Add No Oil Rigs as Harvey Slows Production - Baker Hughes (Sep 01)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- EOG Resources Profit Disappoints, But Sticks By CAPEX (Aug 01)
Company: Energy Resource Technology more info
- US Regulators Study Drilling in Shallow Water Following Blowout in July (Aug 06)
- BSEE Confirms ERT Stopped Leak in Natural Gas Well Off Louisiana Coast (Jul 15)
- ERT Stops Flow on Leaking Natural Gas Well Off Louisiana Coast (Jul 12)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)