AGR Secures 1 Year Drilling Campaign for Arctic II in UK North Sea
Northern Offshore, Ltd. has entered into a drilling contract with AGR Peak Well Management Limited, a subsidiary of AGR Group ASA for the use of the semisubmersible GSF Arctic II in the North Sea. As previously announced, Northern Offshore has entered into an agreement with an affiliate of Transocean, Inc. to acquire the rig and expects to close on the rig purchase in the fourth quarter of 2008.
Following the closing, the rig will be renamed the Energy Atlas.
The contract is for a period of one year and has a contract value of approximately US$155 million. It is anticipated that commencement will occur near year end 2008 and follow in direct continuation of the rig's current contract backlog after a brief handover period from Transocean. The contract is subject to customary customer rig acceptance and regulatory approvals.
The rig will be operated by AGR Petroleum Services in the UK sector of the North Sea for a consortium of clients including among others Antrim Energy and Serica Energy.
Marion Woolie, Northern Offshore President and CEO, said "This agreement with AGR is an important step in realizing the value we see in the recently announced acquisition of two semisubmersibles from Transocean. It also represents a cornerstone in building the Company’s presence in the North Sea, a core operating region for the Company.
The Company also reported that a 145-day commitment it had entered into for the Energy Searcher to begin in mid-July has been terminated as a result of the counterparty’s inability to deliver the required financial guarantees. "It is disappointing," Woolie said, "that the Searcher will experience some idle time in the third and possibly fourth quarters as a result of this development. That said, demand is robust and there are a number of opportunities for the rig in the near future."
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)
Company: Northern Offshore more info
Manages 3 Offshore Rigs
- Northern Offshore Delays Delivery of 2 Jackups Now Being Built in China (Apr 01)
- Northern Offshore Issues Notice to Terminate Contract for Energy Searcher (Jan 13)
- Energy Searcher Signed Up for Nigeria Drill (Dec 09)
Company: Serica Energy more info
- Erskine Field Production Start-Up Delayed (Aug 23)
- Serica Completes Acquisition of 18% Stake in North Sea Erskine Field (Jun 05)
- Sidi Moussa Well Offshore Morocco Finds Oil (Oct 20)
Company: AGR Group more info
- AGR Signs MOU with SP Offshore for Work Offshore Comoros Islands (May 07)
- BP Norge Awards AGR New Frame Agreement (Jun 10)
- Ghanaian Parliament Ratifies South Deepwater Tano Deal (Jan 27)