BP Awards Major Platform Drilling Contract to Seawell Norge
BP announced that the recently awarded Platform Drilling Contract with Seawell Norge AS is for a 5-year term, plus option periods, for all BP Norge's platform facilities. In addition to this Seawell Norge is also going to execute the work for the Ula platform rig ready for operations refurbishment.
The values of these contracts reaches NOK 2.5 billion for platform drilling and maintenance services over five years and NOK 125 million in the upgrading of Ula drilling rig, where drilling will commence in 2009.
"These contracts are key milestones in the continued development of Ula. The outcome will help us to secure an extended and profitable field life to 2028 and beyond," said Trevor Garlick, Managing Director of BP Norge.
BP Norge currently operates four producing fields offshore Norway; Ula, Tambar, Valhall, Hod and hold 13 licenses,10 as operator. Ongoing investments are around NOK 45 billion in two major development projects: Skarv FPSO and a new combined and production and hotel platform at Valhall. The company currently employs 670 staff members and expects to increase that by another 140.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Seawell Limited more info
- Seawell, Allis-Chalmers Merger Finalized (Feb 24)
- Seawell to Acquire Allis-Chalmers for $890MM (Aug 13)
- Statoil Extends Production Drilling Contracts (Feb 16)