Netherby-1 Flows Gas at 51MM Cubic Feet/Day
AWE reports that the Netherby-1DW1 (Development Well) has achieved a clean up flow estimated at 51 million cubic feet of gas per day. The well test was constrained by surface facilities. Since the last drilling update to ASX, the development well was successfully completed and prepared for future gas production.
The VIC/P 44 JV took the innovative step of planning an immediate follow up development of the field upon a successful exploration outcome. It involved integrated planning with the development of the previously discovered Henry field.
Netherby-1 is located in VIC/P 44, approximately 4 kilometers north of the Henry-1 gas discovery. The well is the second well in the current drilling program, which targets additional gas reserves in the offshore Otway Basin. The Henry-2 pilot hole and development well will follow immediately after the Netherby development well.
Participants in VIC/P 44 are:
- AWE 25.0%
- Santos Limited (operator) 50.0%
- Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd 25.0%
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)