Aurelian Spuds Lilieci-1 in Romania's Bacau Concession
Aurelian Oil and Gas PLC announced on behalf of its wholly owned Romanian subsidiary and its partners, SNGN Romgaz S.A. and Europa Oil & Gas S.R.L., that the well Lilieci-1 was spudded on August 19, 2008.
Lilieci-1 is located in the northeast of the Bacau concession, approximately 10 kilometers from the Roman-Secueni gas field, operated by Romgaz. It is reported that, up to the end of 2004, Roman-Secueni had produced 850 bcf. Lilieci-1 will be evaluating the same Sarmatian sand reservoirs as are productive in Roman-Secueni.
The well is programed to a total vertical depth of 2,891 meters, although it will be slightly deviated from the surface location, the selection of which was restricted due to local habitation and the terrain. It is anticipated that the operation will take approximately 90 days.
Following completion Percentage interests in the Lilieci-1 well will be:
- Aurelian (Operator) 41%
- Romgaz 40%
- Europa 19%
- Europa Oil & Gas Completes Shale Petroleum UK Acquisition (Aug 15)
- Europa Relinquishes Part of PEDL 181 (Jul 04)
- Europa Granted 2 Year Extension to PEDL 143 (Jun 27)
Company: Romgaz SA more info
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Romania To Start Gas Production At New Caragele Field In 2019 (May 12)
- Report: Romanian Romgaz to Partner Lukoil on Black Sea Exploration (Nov 20)
Company: Aurelian Oil & Gas plc more info
- Aurelian Receives Extension for Poland License (Feb 24)
- Aurelian Awarded Polish License Duo (Jan 04)
- Aurelian Discovers Gas at Polish Krzesinki Well (Oct 18)