Byford Dolphin Dives into Operations at North Sea's Prospero Prospect
Valiant Petroleum plc has announced the arrival of the Byford Dolphin semisubmersible rig on location to commence drilling operations on the Prospero prospect in UK North Sea blocks 211/18c and 211/17.
Valiant, which has a 50% interest in the block, will operate the exploration well on behalf of its field partner, Petrofac Energy Developments Limited.
Drilling is forecast to take around 25 days to reach its target.
Peter Buchanan, Valiant Petroleum's Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We look forward to drilling our second operated exploration well of our 2008 campaign in line with our program set out at the time of listing on AIM in March 2008."
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)