Origin Energy Commences Production Testing at Jingemia-1
Origin Energy revealed that production testing at Jingemia 1 commenced earlier this week following regulatory approvals and the installation of fit-for-purpose facilities at the Jingemia-1 well site. This extended production test follows on from the initial production clean up test carried out in December 2002 which flowed at an average rate of 1,850 barrels of 40 ° API oil per day.
The extended production test has been approved for a period of 3 months during which time the well will be produced at a variety of rates as necessary to acquire information on reservoir performance, confirm the commerciality of the discovery and enable the planning of facilities required for full field development.
During the period of the test the oil produced will be transported to the BP oil refinery at Kwinana, south of Perth for sale.
Based on the recent January 2002 seismic survey and subsequent interpretation and mapping, the Jingemia Prospect is interpreted to have the potential to contain a mean recoverable oil reserve of 5 million barrels.
Participants in EP 413 and Jingemia 1 are: Origin Energy as operator with 49.189%; Hardman Oil and Gas Pty Ltd with 22.376%; AWE (Perth Basin) Pty Ltd with 15.245%; Victoria Petroleum NL with 5.7685%; Voyager Energy Limited with 6.0015%;
Pancontinental Oil & Gas NL with 1.278% and John Kevin Geary with the remaining 0.142%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Victoria Petroleum more info
- Norwest Snaps Up Northern Perth Basin Interests (Feb 12)
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- Vicpet Spies Oil Shows at Snatcher-1 in South Australian Cooper Basin (Jun 26)