Tethys to Complete JAS-2 Well Onshore Oman as Producer


Block 15, Oman
(Click to Enlarge)

Tethys has reported that the drilling of the JAS-2 well on Block 15 onshore Oman has finished and the well has reached a total measured depth of 4,018 meters. A horizontal section of 927 meters has been drilled in the reservoir section at a vertical depth of just over 3,000 meters. An extensive test program will commence next week.

The horizontal section was drilled in a south easterly direction and has confirmed the reservoir extension in this direction. The reservoir characteristics measured while drilling are as expected or better compared with data from the JAS-1 well which flowed 2,626 BOEPD last year. The horizontal section in JAS-2 is about 10% longer than that achieved in JAS-1.

The well will be completed as a producer and an extensive test program, including production flow measurements, will be conducted over several weeks starting in some ten days.

"We are very very happy with JAS-2 results so far," commented Tethys' Managing Director Magnus Nordin. "We have increased the horizontal section as compared to JAS-1 and the reservoir in this direction seems to live up to high expectations. We are now eagerly awaiting the flow test."

Tethys has a 40% interest and is Operator of Block 15. Danish company Odin Energi A/S holds the remaining 60% interest.
 

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
U.S. Zanesville: Sr Field Engineer - Directional Drilling
Expertise: Directional Driller
Location: Zanesville, OH
 
United States Odessa: Field Engineer - Logging and Perforating
Expertise: Field Development
Location: Odessa, TX
 
Project Procurement & Contracts Advisor (Subsea Equipment)
Expertise: Contracts Engineer|Purchasing|Subsea Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.49/BBL 2.45%
Light Crude Oil : $52.42/BBL 2.04%
Natural Gas : $3.2/MMBtu 5.04%
Updated in last 24 hours