Norsk Hydro Sells Share in PL 153
Norsk Hydro has entered into an agreement to sell a 30 percent stake in production license 153 in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea to Gaz de France. The sale includes the oil and gas discovery Gjøa.
The transaction is expected to result in an estimated accounting gain for Hydro of approximately NOK 250 million after tax.
"We are very pleased with the sale of our share in PL 153. It is the result of Hydro's active management of the company's oil and gas portfolio. For us, it's a strategic choice. The sale will free up capital for further growth within Hydro's core areas," says senior vice president Torstein Dale Sjøtveit, of Hydro Exploration and Development Norway.
Hydro is keeping its share in the western part of PL 153. Gjøa was discovered in 1989 and is located about 50 kilometers southwest of Florø, Norway. The find is not approved for development and the transaction will therefore not reduce Hydro's proven reserves.
The transaction between Hydro and Gaz de France is subject to approval by the Norwegian authorities. PL 153 is currently owned by Norsk Hydro (30%), Petoro (30%), Statoil (20%), Shell (12%) and RWE-DEA (8%).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)