J. Ray Wins Qatar Gas Field Job for Exxon, QP
DUBAI (Dow Jones Newswires), August 18, 2008
J Ray McDermott, the Houston-based marine services company, has won the contract to carry out early engineering works on Qatar's Barzan gas field, jointly developed by Exxon Mobil Corp. and Qatar Petroleum, or QP, Qatar's The Peninsular daily reported Friday.
J Ray McDermott will carry out front-end engineering design, or FEED, services for the field's offshore platform topsides and pipelines, the daily reported.
Engineering services for detailed design for the wellhead jackets, temporary work decks and sub-sea templates will be carried out by J Ray McDermott under a separate contract, the paper reported.
The Barzan project is a multi-billion dollar scheme to develop a portion of Qatar's North Field to provide extra natural gas production for the domestic sector, according to the paper.
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)
Company: Qatar Petroleum more info
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Qatar Says It's Fulfilling Oil and Gas Deals Despite Gulf Crisis (Sep 13)
- Cyprus Says to Push Ahead with Energy Plans Despite Challenges (Jun 29)