NPD Grants Drilling Permit to StatoilHydro
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 30/11-7, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Regulations.
Wellbore 30/11-7 will be drilled from the West Alpha semisub at position 60 degrees 00’ 21.237" North and 02 degrees 22’ 25.626" East, after drilling is concluded on wildcat well 6407/7-8 for StatoilHydro Petroleum AS in production license 107.
The drilling program for wellbore 30/11-7 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 035.
StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 50% ownership interest, while Det norske oljeselskap ASA and Svenska Petroleum Exploration AS each have a 25% interest.
The area in this license consists of parts of block 30/11. The well will be drilled about 10 km northwest of the Frigg field in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license 035 was awarded in the second licensing round in 1969. This is the seventh well to be drilled on the block. The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)