StatoilHydro Gets Go Ahead to Use Ocean Vanguard
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 34/7-33 using the semisub Ocean Vanguard.
Well 34/7-33 is located between Vigdis and Tordis in the northern part of the North Sea. The well belongs to Production License 089 and has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 61 degrees 19' 02.5"
- E 02 degrees 05' 46.4"
Water depth at the site is 233 meters.
Ocean Vanguard (formerly West Vanguard) is a semisub of the Bingo 3000 type, commissioned in 1982 at Trosvik Verksted AS. It has subsequently been upgraded a number of times. The semisub is classed in DnV and operated by Diamond Offshore Netherlands BV. Ocean Vanguard was granted an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in July 2004.
Drilling operations are planned to start as soon as Ocean Vanguard has completed drilling exploration well 6608/11-6 (link). Estimated start-up of drilling operations for well 34/7-33 is mid-August 2008.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)