CNPC May Acquire Stake in Liman Block in Kazakhstan
Aurado Exploration has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the China National Petroleum Corporation regarding the possible participation of CNPC in the development of the Company's Liman Block in western Kazakhstan. CNPC has stated its interest in acquiring and/or farming- in for a minimum 51% equity interest in the Liman Block, subject to completion of formal due diligence and the negotiation of final terms and conditions. CNPC's current holdings in Kazakhstan include the Kenkiyak and Zhanazhol oil fields in western Kazakhstan, and 49% of the Kenkiyak-Atyrau crude oil pipeline that passes through the Liman Block.
Aurado has not been actively seeking the disposition or farm-out of an interest in the Liman Block. However, if the Company is successful in negotiating attractive terms for a disposition or farm-out, this will be seriously considered by the Company's Board of Directors. A disposition or farm-out of an interest in the Liman Block would likely permit Aurado to farm- in to or acquire an interest or interests in one or more additional petroleum development projects in the Caspian Sea region that are currently under consideration.
- China's CNPC Resumes Part Of Gas Production At Changqing Field (Jul 28)
- China's CPOE Inks Deal for Newbuild Semisub Frigstad Shekou (Aug 18)
- Key Allies of Disgraced China Security Chief Jailed for Graft (Oct 12)
Company: Aurado Exploration Ltd. more info
- Aurado Begins Seismic Survey on the Liman Block (Nov 16)
- Aurado Receives Extension of Exploration Phase for Liman Blk (Jul 30)
- Aurado Completes ET-3 Well on East Tegen Prospect (Jun 21)