North Piper Well Turns Up All Wet
Bridge Resources Corp., on behalf of Bridge North Sea (Central) Limited, BFW Drilling Limited and Lariat Energy Limited, has announced that the North Piper 15/11b-6 exploratory well drilled into the Piper Sands at 7022 feet this morning U.K. time. The sands were encountered 60 feet high to prognosis but were found to be water-bearing and the well will now be plugged and abandoned.
The drilling has been managed by Senergy Limited utilizing the Stena Spey semi-submersible rig. Total depth was reached five days ahead of schedule.
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)
Company: Bridge Resources Corp. more info
- Bridge Finalizes North Sea Subsidiary Sale (Mar 16)
- Paramax, Bridge Make Headway in Western Idaho Basin Project (Nov 24)
- Bridge, Paramax to Commence Drilling at Willow Project (Oct 21)