Heritage Names New Non-Executive Director
Heritage Oil Limited announced the appointment of Salim Hassan Macki as an independent non-executive Director of the Company with immediate effect. Macki was a Member of the State Council, Former Ambassador, Government of Sultanate of Oman ("Oman") and is a Director of Oman Oil (a wholly owned Government company) since 1996.
Macki holds a Masters degree in Petrochemical Engineering and has spent most of his working life in the oil industry, where he is internationally highly regarded. He holds, or has previously held, many senior executive positions in various private and state owned entities in Oman and internationally. This has included being the former Chairman of Oman National Investment Corporation Holding (ONIC) and Oman India Fertilizer Company, a former Director General for Oil and Minerals (effectively the Oil Minister) and former Chairman of the Joint Management Committee of Petroleum Development Oman (PDO). Macki is the representative of the Government of Oman on the Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC).
Macki has held (in the last five years) or currently holds the following positions in publicly quoted companies:
- Macki was the Chairman and a Director of Oman National Investment Corporation Holding SAOG between 1999 and 2004. This is a public company traded on the Muscat Securities Market in Oman.
- Macki was the Chairman and a Director of Alliance Housing Bank in 2004, which changed its name to Ahli Bank in January 2008. This is a public company traded on the Muscat Securities Market in Oman.
- Macki is the Chairman of and Director of Oman KCA Deutag Drilling Company LLC which is a subsidiary of Abbot Group Ltd. This group was listed on the London Stock Exchange until March 2008.
- Macki is the Chairman and Director of Oman Drilling Mud Products Company LLC, which is an associate company of Al Anwar Holdings SAOG, which is a public company traded on the Muscat Securities Market in Oman.
- Macki is the Chairman and Director of Gulf Hotels (Oman) Company SAOG, which is a public company traded on the Muscat Securities Market in Oman.
There are no other matters that require disclosure under FSA Handbook Listing Rule 9.6.13 in respect of Macki.
Tony Buckingham, CEO, commented, "We are delighted to welcome Salim Hassan Macki to the board of Heritage; he is an outstanding addition. He brings considerable oil and gas as well as corporate experience and an extensive network of contacts in the Middle East and throughout the world. His knowledge will be an invaluable addition to our board as Heritage continues to expand its business in its core areas of the Middle East, Africa and Russia."
- Kina Petroleum to Exit Papua New Guinea License (Mar 24)
- Heritage Oil Fails to Find Gas at Kwila-1 Prospect in Papua New Guinea (Jul 09)
- Kina Petroleum Updates on Kwila-1 Exploration Drilling in PPL 337 in PNG (Jul 08)