AWE Set to Complete Netherby-1 for Production
Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) reported that the Netherby-1 DW1 (Development Well 1) has been drilled to a total measured depth of 2,517 meters. Since the last drilling update to ASX, the development well was successfully sidetracked and drilled from the "kick-off point" at 1,505 meters to the current total depth within the Waarre "A" reservoir sequence.
Good gas shows were reported through the interval, as expected and logs indicate very good reservoir. The Netherby-1 DW1 well will now be completed for future production.
Netherby-1 is located in VIC/P 44, approximately 4 kilometers north of the Henry-1 gas discovery. The well is the second well in the current drilling program, which will target additional gas reserves in the offshore Otway Basin. The semisub Ocean Patriot is performing the drilling.
The Henry-2 pilot hole and development well will follow immediately after the Netherby development well.
Participants in VIC/P 44 are:
- AWE 25.0%
- Santos Limited (operator) 50.0%
- Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd 25.0%
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)