Wood Group Elects Blum as Ecuador General Manager
Wood Group ESP has appointed Carlos Blum as Ecuador general manager. As general manager, Blum will oversee the day-to-day operations of Wood Group ESP business in Ecuador and be responsible for maintaining its growth over time.
"Carlos' more than 25 years of diverse experience in domestic and international assignments within the oil & gas industry, combined with his advanced management skills, will help Wood Group ESP grow its business in Ecuador," said Jorge Sanchez, Wood Group ESP VP of Latin America operations.
Carlos has broad experience working on projects in South America and West Africa in various positions, including engineering, sales, technical support, oilfield management and health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues.
Prior to joining Wood Group, Blum was the general manager of the Block 15 oilfield for PetroEcuador. Blum received a petroleum engineering degree from the Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral in Guayaquil, Ecuador and is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- Kemp: Oil Price War Inflicts Collateral Damage in Latin America (Feb 09)
- Ecuador's Petroamazonas Seeks Partners to Boost Oil Output (Sep 26)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)