Apache Completes Simpson Wells, Now Drilling Lee-4
Tap Oil Limited has provided the following information for the Harriet Joint Venture regarding the Simpson-9 and Simpson-10 wells' completion, and the commencement of drilling operations on Lee-4 well.
The Simpson-9 and Simpson-10 wells were drilled from the Simpson Bravo Platform, located in permit TL/6, part of the Harriet Joint Venture. The Simpson-9 and -10 prospects are located approximately 2.5 km south of Varanus Island.
Lee-4 is being drilled from the Linda Platform, located in permit TL/1. Linda Platform is located approximately 17 km NW of Varanus Island in 32m of water.
Apache is the Operator of the permit and is drilling Lee-4 on behalf of the joint venture partners.
Simpson-9 and Simpson-10 wells have now both been completed and the Ensco 106 jackup rig has subsequently commenced drilling Lee-4.
The Lee-4 development well was spudded on Saturday August 9, 2008 and is currently drilling ahead to intersect objectives in the North Rankin, Brigadier and Mungaroo reservoirs of the Lee field. Lee-4 will be completed as part of the Lee field development. This deviated well is expected to take 34 days to drill.
Simpson-9 and 10 have been successfully completed as oil producers and are expected to commence production in December in line with the repairs to the Harriet Joint Venture processing facilities on Varanus Island.
Lee-4 will increase the deliverability from the Lee field which was discovered in 1999 and brought onto production in 2007.
Harriet Joint Venture Participants:
- Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd 12.2229%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd 68.5%
- Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd 19.2771%
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)