CNOOC, Sinopec to Bid for Marathon Oil Angola Assets for $1.5B
HONG KONG (Dow Jones Newswires), August 11, 2008
China National Offshore Oil Corp., or Cnooc, and China National Petrochemical Corp., or Sinopec, are joining forces to bid for an Angolan oil and gas asset owned by U.S.-based Marathon Oil Corp. (MRO) that is expected to fetch about US$1.5 billion, the South China Morning Post reported Monday, citing unnamed sources.
The report said India's Oil & Natural Gas Corp. and Brazil's Petroleo Brasileiro SA (PBR), or Petrobras. are among the rival bidders. Marathon Oil will select the winning bid over the next few days, the paper said.
Cnooc and Sinopec couldn't be reached for comment, the paper said.
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- CEO: Brazil's Petrobras Could Bid On More Blocks In Pre-Salt Auction (Oct 24)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
- Sources: China's Sinopec Mulls US Oil Projects Ahead Of Trump's Visit (Oct 31)
- Sinopec's Oil Refining Overcomes Continued Upstream Losses (Oct 30)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Indian Oil and Gas Corp. more info
- CNOOC, Sinopec to Bid for Marathon Oil Angola Assets for $1.5B (Aug 11)
- Lagasco to Acquire 50,000 Acres in Alberta (Jul 10)