Eni Holding Snags 20% Interest in HOEC
Further to the announcement on April 24, 2008, Eni Holding, a wholly owned subsidiary of Eni SpA, has announced the successful results of its mandatory open offer for 20% of the shares of HOEC. As a result of the offer, Eni Holding will become the largest shareholder of HOEC with a 47.17% interest.
The mandatory offer opened on July 2, 2008 and closed on July 21, 2008. It was well-received with an approximately 1.5 times over-subscription and validly tendered shares were accepted on a pro-rata basis.
Communication of acceptance and payment were sent to HOEC shareholders on August 5, 2008. The aggregate consideration amounts to 3,765.8 million rupees equivalent to approximately 57 million Euro.
In accordance with Indian takeover rules Eni Holding had to make a mandatory cash offer to acquire up to 20% of the share capital of HOEC pursuant to the acquisition of Burren Energy Plc, resulting in the indirect acquisition of 27.17% interest HOEC.
Eni considers its investment in HOEC as a means of participating in India's fast-growing upstream sector and intends to contribute with its industry experience and expertise to assist HOEC in growing its business. Eni also reserves the right to seek board representation that is commensurate with its shareholding following the completion of the offer process.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: HOEC more info
- HOEC Preparing Field Development Plan for Dirok Discovery in India (Sep 10)
- Eni Holding Snags 20% Interest in HOEC (Aug 08)
- HOEC Exploration Returns Negative Results on North Ledo-1 (Dec 26)