Willbros Wins Middle East Pipeline Contract
Willbros Group reports that one of its construction units, The Oman Construction Company (TOCO), based in Muscat, Oman, has been awarded an engineering, procurement and construction contract for a natural gas pipeline system in Oman for Occidental of Oman Inc. The project consists of 105 miles of 4-inch through 16-inch pipelines and associated facilities. Work is anticipated to begin immediately and is scheduled for completion in early 2004.
Michael F. Curran, Chief Executive Officer of Willbros, commented, "This award, in the Middle East market, is reassurance that our clients will continue to make investments in sound projects all around the world. We are pleased that Occidental has chosen TOCO for this important project and look forward to increased activity in this regional market."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- Occidental Petroleum's Profit Beats As Prices For Chemicals Jump (Aug 02)
- Hess To Sell Permian EOR Assets To Occidental For $600 Million (Jun 19)
Company: Willbros Group more info
- DeKraai Named to Willbros Board (Nov 28)
- Willbros Completes Public Offering (Nov 21)
- Willbros' Outstanding Convertibles Senior Notes Become Convertable (Aug 15)