TotalFinaElf Launches Development of Dalia Field
State-owned Sonangol of Angola has authorized TotalFinaElf, as operator of Block 17, to award the key contracts for developing the Dalia oil field.
Discovered in 1997, near the Girassol field, Dalia is located 135 kilometers offshore in water depths of between 1,200 and 1,500 meters.
The development project includes 34 production wells, 30 water injection wells and three gas injection wells. The floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel for Dalia will constitute a second pole of production on Block 17. Capable of processing 240,000 barrels of oil per day, the Dalia FPSO will also have a storage capacity of 2 million barrels of oil. In total, the development of the Dalia project represents an estimated investment of $3.4 billion.
The launch of Dalia, due on stream during the second half of 2006, is a key step in the development of Block 17, where 15 earlier discoveries have been made. It follows the development of Girassol, brought on stream in late 2001, and Jasmim, a satellite to the Girassol field, which is scheduled to begin production in the second half of 2003.
The concessionaire of Block 17 is Sonangol. TotalFinaElf has a 40% interest in Block 17 along with Esso Exploration Angola (Block 17) Ltd. (20 %), BP Exploration (Angola) Ltd. (16.67%), Statoil Angola Block 17 AS (13.33%) and Norsk Hydro (10%).
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)