Geowave Endeavor Moves on to BG Norge's North Sea Operations
Wavefield Inseis' high capacity 3D vessel M/V Geowave Endeavour was delivered from Fosen Yard and taken on a 7 year time-charter from Volstad Maritime in July 2008. The vessel mobilized for their first large 3D contract with oil and gas major BG Norge on July 28th and the vessel was fully operational and in steady production on August 6th with 10 solid streamers of 6km length.
The Endeavour is one of the world's largest and most powerful 3D vessels with 16 streamer vessel capacity.
The vessel will complete the North Sea season for BG Norge in September and then continue on one of the world's largest 3D seismic contracts for BP in Libya, estimated to be completed end of 2009.
"Our new flagship was delivered and taken into production as scheduled, in time to fulfill our client's need for data acquisition in the North Sea this season," stated CEO Atle Jacobsen. "Our strategy of building large high quality and high capacity 3D vessels and delivering them on time, has secured us a historical high contract back-log with major oil companies and positioned us as a recognized high quality Geophysical Service
Company," Jacobsen added.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: BG Group more info
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: Wavefield Inseis AS more info
- CGGVeritas Sets the Date for Acquisition of Wavefield Inseis (Feb 04)
- CGGVeritas' Settlement for Wavefield's Shares Expected to Close Tomorrow (Feb 03)
- CGGVeritas Closes Mandatory Offer for All Wavefield Shares (Jan 28)