StatoilHydro Gets Thumbs Up to Use Transocean Winner
StatoilHydro has received consent from PSA Norway to conduct exploration drilling using the semisub Transocean Winner.
The consent applies to drilling of well 6507/6-3, which belongs to Production License 212 C. The well is located in the Norwegian Sea, about 160 kilometers off the coast of Vikna in Nord-Trondelag.
The well has the following geographical coordinates:
- N 65° 38' 58.28"
- E 07° 55' 37.60"
Water depth at the site is about 400 meters.
Transocean Winner is a third generation semi-submersible drilling facility of the GVA-4000 design, built in 1983 at Gøtaverken Arendal in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The semisub is owned by Transocean Offshore and operated by Transocean Offshore (North Sea) Ltd NUF, with headquarters in Stavanger. Transocean Winner received the PSA’s Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in August 2006.
According to the application for consent, drilling will start in August 2008. The drilling operations are expected to take 42 days. The well will be permanently plugged.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)