Sibir Mulls Over Possible Russian Asset Transaction with Shell
Sibir has noted press reports over the weekend of a possible asset transaction with Royal Dutch Shell, Sibir's joint venture partner in Salym Petroleum Development ("SPD").
As SPD shareholders, Sibir and Shell maintain a close working relationship. Sibir is considering all opportunities that would allow it to expand its business in Russia. The Company noted that it discusses various opportunities with different companies on a regular basis and Shell is one of such companies.
If appropriate, further announcements will be made in due course.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Sibir Energy more info
- Salym JV Sets New Oil Production Record in Western Siberia (Apr 15)
- Sibir Launches High Court Proceedings against 2 Former Directors (Apr 07)
- Sibir Achieves Production Record of 7.1MM Barrels in Q4 2008 (Apr 07)