MODEC to Ship FPSO to BP's Angola Block 31
MODEC, Inc. has been awarded a Frame Agreement from BP for the supply of an FPSO under an EPCI contract for the PSVM (Plutao, Saturno, Venus and Marte) Development in Block 31 offshore Angola.
The FPSO will have production capacity of 157,000 barrels per day and first oil from the development is scheduled in 2011. The proposed contract also provides BP an option for the provision of a second future FPSO in the area.
This event represents a significant milestone for MODEC in attracting BP and Sonangol as clients and gaining entry in to the important growth market in Angola.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)