Talisman Canada to Re-Complete Gentilly-1 Well
Questerre Energy Corporation announced that the Operator, Talisman Energy Canada, confirmed that field work is underway on a re-completion of the Gentilly-1 well.
The Gentilly-1 well will be fracture stimulated in several intervals prospective for shale gas. Following the stimulations, an extensive testing program will be conducted. The object of the program is to assess the potential commerciality of vertical well completions in this thick shale package. The original discovery in the Trenton Black-River zone in this well has been suspended on a temporary basis during this operation.
The Operator also confirmed it is mobilizing a rig to the Lowlands and the next well on Questerre's acreage is scheduled to spud by mid-August.
Michael Binnion, President and CEO of Questerre, commented, "We are very pleased to be participating on a joint venture basis with Talisman on this operation. This re-entry operation has allowed us to accelerate the pilot program to evaluate the shale gas potential in the Lowlands."
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Questerre Energy more info
- Questerre Inks MOU with MEMR to Appraise, Develop Jordan's Oil Shale Blocks (May 25)
- Questerre: Completion Ops Underway at Gentilly Well (Jul 09)
- Testing Commences on St. Edouard Horizontal Well (Feb 02)