PSA Norway Gives StatoilHydro Thumbs Up for Drilling in Barents Sea
StatoilHydro has received consent for exploration drilling in the Barents Sea with the semisub Polar Pioneer.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 7222/11-1, Caurus, which belongs to production license 228. The distance to the nearest landfall is 120 kilometers and the water depth at the site is 357 meters.
The start-up of the drilling activity depends on the progress of Polar Pioneer's ongoing drilling activity at Arenaria. Spudding is scheduled for August 2008. The activity has an estimated duration of 45 days.
Polar Pioneer is operated by Transocean Offshore, which is domiciled in Stavanger. The semisub received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in May 2004.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)