Petrofac Wins Pre-Operatorship Contract from Venture
Petrofac Facilities Management has been awarded a pre-operatorship contract to assist Venture Production in taking over the operatorship of the Kittiwake platform.
Venture and Dana Petroleum have entered into Heads of Agreement to acquire certain licences including the Kittiwake and Mallard fields from Shell U.K. Limited and ExxonMobil and, subject to legal documentation and regulatory approval, Venture will become the license operator. Venture has entered into an alliance with Petrofac to operate the Kittiwake field facilities.
On completion of the acquisition by Venture, and subject to regulatory approval, Petrofac Facilities Management will be responsible for the field¹s production and maintenance operations, including offshore staff and the onshore operations support group.
This will be the fourth operating facility in the UK sector to be managed by Petrofac, the others being Galley, Montrose and Arbroath.
It is anticipated that Petrofac will take over responsibility for production on the Kittiwake field from Shell U.K. Limited in the fourth quarter of 2003.
- Venture Shuts-In Production at Kittiwake Platform (Nov 11)
- Petrofac Snags Specialist Production Engineering Company (Jul 25)
- Petrofac Training Center Opens in Sakhalin (Jun 10)
Company: Venture Production more info
- Venture Production Shuffles Board (Sep 10)
- Venture Announces Board Changes (Aug 27)
- Venture Advises Shareholders to Accept Centrica's Offer (Aug 25)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)