CIVC Nears Completion on 2K-39-Z Well, Plans to Relocate Rig
Canadian Imperial Venture Corp. announced that operations to secure the 2K-39-Z well are nearing completion after which the Nabors No.45 rig will be relocated to the Garden Hill site to commence a 90 day operation for PDI Production Inc. (PDIP). It is noted that both the well bore and well site will be left in a condition for future re-use. The rig contract makes a provision for the rig to return to Shoal Point on completion of the work at Garden Hill.
Interpretation of the voluminous data from the well is ongoing and it will take some time before definitive statements can be made. Early indications, however, are encouraging, pertaining both to the Green Point shale and the St. George's Group platform sequence. The Company and its partners will therefore be advancing both of these plays as rapidly as possible.
- Shoal Point to Acquire CIVC's Interests in West Newfoundland (Sep 26)
- Canadian Imperial Venture Reaches TD at Shoal Well (Apr 04)
- Drilling at Shoal Point to Commence Late September (Aug 12)
Company: Nabors Drilling more info
- Robotics and Automation: The Oil, Gas Skillsets of the Future (Nov 15)
- Nabors Rig Headed for EL1070 in Western Newfoundland (Dec 16)
- Analysis: Saudi Aramco's Rig Appetite (Jun 23)
Company: PDI Production Inc. more info
- CIVC Nears Completion on 2K-39-Z Well, Plans to Relocate Rig (Jul 28)
- PDIP & SPE to Start Drilling in Western Newfoundland (Oct 22)
- PDI Production Hires Rig for Port Au Port Drilling Program (Sep 28)