Saipem Snags New LNG Contract Worth 2.8B Euros
Saipem has been awarded a new onshore contract in Algeria worth approximately 2.8 billion Euros.
The Algerian oil company Sonatrach has awarded Saipem/Snamprogetti, in a joint venture with Chiyoda, the lump sum turn key contract for the new Arzew LNG Train (GL3Z) project. The contract encompasses the EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) of a single-train gas liquefaction (LNG) plant, with a capacity of 4.7 million tonnes of LNG per annum, to be constructed near the Algerian city of Arzew, about 400 kilometers west of Algiers.
This is the first time that Saipem has been named as the main contractor of a large gas liquefaction (LNG) plant, asserting its reputation as an integrated player, capable of managing large and complex turnkey projects in the high tech market of the LNG sector.
The works for the new Arzew LNG Train (GL3Z) will be completed by the end of 2012.
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)