Harriet JV Makes Discovery at Simpson-9 Near Varanus Island
Tap Oil Limited has provided the following information for the Simpson 9 development well.
The Simpson-9 objective is located in permit TL/6, part of the Harriet Joint Venture, at a surface location of latitude 20 degrees 40'24.14"S and longitude 115 degrees 35'05.61 "E within the Barrow sub-basin. The Simpson-9 prospect is approximately 2.5 km south of Varanus Island and is being drilled from the Simpson Bravo Platform using the ENSCO 106 jackup rig.
Simpson-9 has successfully intersected the reservoir objective. Logging over the Flag sandstone indicates an approximate 18 meter gross intersection of oil bearing reservoir. Current operations involve the running and cementing of the 178mm liner. Depending on operational synergies the drilling of Simpson-10 may be brought forward with the completion and tie in of Simpson-9 expected after the operations at Simpson-10.
Tap is pleased with operations on Simpson-9 progressing ahead of schedule and the discovery of an oil bearing interval at the Flag sandstone objective in line with the Company’s pre-drill expectations. Production from Simpson-9 is expected to commence in December in line with the repairs to the Harriet Joint Venture processing facilities on Varanus Island.
Harriet Joint Venture Participants:
- Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd 12.2229%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd 68.5%
- Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd 19.2771%
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)