Origin P&A New Zealand's Momoho 1
Origin Energy Resources (Kupe) Limited, on behalf of the Kupe Joint Venture, advised that at 12.00pm EST on July 23, the following plug and abandonment operations have been completed on Momoho 1:
- A two stage cement plug has been placed across the entire open-hole section from 3,145 meters RT (below rotary table) back to 2,767 meters RT, 116m inside the 9-5/8 inch casing. The plug was pressure tested to 1550 psi and tagged to verify the depth.
- The 9-5/8 inch, 13-3/8 inch, 18-5/8 inch and 30 inch casing strings have been cut sequentially, just below the seabed and the surplus casing removed.
The rig is currently waiting for appropriate weather conditions to set the final surface cement plug and conduct a seabed survey, prior to jacking down and moving off location. The next suitable window is expected towards the end of the week.
Drilling began on June 13, 2008, and Momoho 1 was drilled by the jackup drilling rig ENSCO 107.
Partners in the Kupe permit PML38146 are: Origin Energy Resources (Kupe) Limited (Operator), 50%; Wholly owned subsidiaries of Genesis Energy, 31%; New Zealand Oil & Gas Ltd. (through its subsidiaries: National Petroleum Ltd. 12.75%; Petroleum Equities Ltd. and Nephrite Enterprises Ltd. 1.00%), combined 15%; and Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd., 4%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Submits Application to Exit Kaheru PEP 52181 (Mar 23)
- New Zealand Pushes Ahead to Grow Upstream Sector, Reap Economic Gains (Aug 28)
- Australia's AWE, PPP, NZOG To Drill 2nd Oil Well Off NZ Coast (Jun 10)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
Company: Genesis Energy more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- Genesis Buys Enterprise Offshore Pipelines for $1.5 Billion (Jul 16)