Diamond Offshore Inks $900MM in LOIs for 4 Semis
Diamond Offshore Drilling announced that it has received Letters of Intent (LOIs) for four semisubmersible rigs that could earn maximum revenue, excluding un-priced options, totaling approximately $900 million and provide 6.5 rig years of work. The LOIs, which are subject to customary conditions, including the execution of a definitive agreement, include:
- Ocean Ambassador – three years, plus un-priced option, commencing June 2009. Maximum total revenue $285 million.
U.S. Gulf of Mexico
- Ocean Star – 18 months commencing November 2008. Maximum total revenue $285 million.
- Ocean America – one year commencing July 2009. Maximum total revenue $190 million.
- Ocean Victory – one year minimum term commencing May 2009. Maximum total revenue $197 million.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)