SCAN Kicks Off 2D Seismic for Petrobras Offshore Portugal
SCAN Geophysical ASA has successfully begun acquisition of more than 8,500 Km of 2D data offshore Portugal for Petrobras International Braspetro B. V. - Portugal Branch, on behalf of a consortium formed with Galp and Partex.
SCAN's 2D seismic vessel, M/V Geo Searcher, is acquiring the program, which began on schedule. The vessel is utilizing a 10,000 meter long MSX solid (gel-filled) streamer system and a 4,200 cubic inch source array designed for low frequency output.
"SCAN is proud to have Petrobras as a customer, and this contract serves as a milestone for similar projects where advanced acquisition parameters are vital for the client`s requirement of data quality," said Kjell Karlsson, VP of sales and marketing for SCAN. "The Geo Searcher has our most experienced 2D crews onboard and with the recent long offset solid streamer upgrade for this project, Petrobras should achieve their objectives for the survey.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Partex Oil and Gas more info
- Total-Led Consortium Snaps Up Interest in Algerian Ahnet License (Dec 22)
- Gardenia Prospect Offshore Angola Blooms for Total (Oct 23)
- Total Secures Long Term Partnership in Abu Dhabi's Gasco (Apr 01)
Company: Galp Energia more info
- Galp Cuts Investment Plan, Sees Higher EBITDA Growth (Feb 21)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)
- European Oil, Gas Companies Looking to Cut Costs Further (Oct 31)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)