Harriet JV Partners Spud Simpson-9 Well
Tap Oil Limited has provided the following information for the Simpson-9 development well.
The Simpson-9 objective is located in permit TL/6, part of the Harriet Joint Venture, at a surface location of latitude 20 degrees 40'24.14"S and longitude 115 degrees 35'05.61 "E within the Barrow sub-basin. The Simpson-9 prospect is approximately 2.5 km south of Varanus Island.
Simpson-9 is being drilled from the Simpson Bravo Platform using the Ensco 106 jackup rig. The operation reuses the slot from the previously watered out Simpson-6 well. Operations on Simpson-9 commenced upon completion of the abandonment of Simpson-6 and is currently at a depth of 1,844 meters measured depth, drilling to a target depth of approximately 2,360 meters measured depth.
The objective of the Simpson-9 oil well is a test a low relief, four way dip attic closure mapped at top Flag Sandstone level within the Simpson field. In the event of a discovery, Simpson-9 will be completed and tied into the Harriet Joint Venture production network.
Completion of Simpson-9 is expected to take approximately 13 days and will be followed by the drilling of Simpson-10, also from the Simpson Bravo platform.
Harriet Joint Venture Participants are:
- Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd 12.2229%
- Apache Northwest Pty Ltd 68.5%
- Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd 19.2771%
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)