Norsk Hydro Awards Contracts to Norwegian Firms
Norsk Hydro has awarded maintenance and modification contracts for the 10 platforms it operates on the Norwegian continental shelf, as well as the Sture terminal, to ABB Offshore Systems and Aker Kvaerner. The contracts in total are worth some NOK 1.5 billion.
"We have chosen a dual-supplier model to ensure sound and efficient maintenance and modifications to our installations on the Norwegian continental shelf. We are looking forward to a fruitful collaboration with our suppliers. This is vital if we are to run our installations optimally," says senior vice president Torgeir Kydland, of Hydro Operations and Production Norway.
Hydro produces 800 000 barrels each day, equivalent to 25 percent of total Norwegian oil production, from the installations the company operates on the Norwegian continental shelf.
On behalf of the license-holders, Hydro has awarded ABB Offshore Systems the maintenance and modification contract for the platforms Oseberg Field Center, Oseberg Sør, Njord and the Sture terminal at Øygarden outside Bergen. Aker Kværner has been awarded a similar contract for the platforms Oseberg C, Brage, Oseberg Øst, Troll B, Troll C and the Grane platform due to come on stream later this year.
Hydro has also awarded frame contracts to ABB, Aker Kvaerner and Reinertsen AS for major modification work. Work in connection with these contracts will be allocated as the result of open competition between the above-mentioned companies. Reinertsen AS is currently carrying out modification and maintenance work on the Heimdal platform related to the phasing-in of the Skirne/Byggve development.
The maintenance and modification contracts will be valid for three years starting July 1, 2003. The contracts include three two-year options.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: ABB more info
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Aker Solutions, ABB Team Up To Develop Subsea Production (Apr 27)
- ABB Wins NOK 1.1B Statoil Power Contract (Mar 16)