Spinnaker Says Front Runner Spar Project Past Halfway Point
Spinnaker reports that the Green Canyon 338 #7 in the Gulf of Mexico has been drilled to a total depth of 23,214 feet. The well encountered productive interval in the FR 44, 45, 46 and 47 sands and met the Company's expectations. The drilling of the Green Canyon 338 #8 has commenced. The GC 338 #8 will be the last exploitation/exploration well to be drilled from the Front Runner Spar site. Following the completion of that drilling operation, Diamond Offshore's semisub, Ocean Quest, will be released.
The Front Runner Spar project is now 58% complete and first production is anticipated by mid-year 2004. The Spar and related facilities are designed to accommodate production rates of approximately 80,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (BOEPD).
Spinnaker holds a 25% WI in the Front Runner Field complex and in approximately 100,000 acres adjacent to the discoveries. The Company and its partners own a number of prospects in the area. One of those exploratory prospects, located in Green Canyon Block 380 (Cool Papa), is currently being drilled by the semisub, Noble Max Smith.
Murphy owns a 37.5% working interest in Green Canyon Block 338 and serves as operator; partners are Dominion with 37.5%, and Spinnaker with the remaining 25%.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Spinnaker Exploration more info
- Deepwater Keeps Gulf Strong (Mar 21)
- Western Gulf of Mexico Sale 196 Nets $283,441,874 in High Bids (Jan 06)
- Norsk Hydro Strengthens Upstream Focus (Dec 15)