Signal Selected to Upgrade Ocean Ambassador for $6.6MM
Signal International Ltd. has announced the award of the $6.6 million ABS Special Survey and repairs to the semi-submersible drilling rig Ocean Ambassador. The rig is owned and operated by Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. and will be towed from its current drilling location to Signal International, expecting to arrive August 2008 for a 75 calendar day in-yard project.
Richard Marler, President and CEO of Signal, stated that, at the peak, the repair effort will utilize more than 300 Signal skilled personnel to perform the work which will include: an ABS Special Survey; replacement of ballast system; vents and sounding tube piping. Additionally, the rig is slated for surface preparation/painting of the derrick, drill floor sub-structure and all six columns.
Signal International will complete the work at their Pascagoula, Mississippi East Yard facility while also performing repairs and modifications to the Celtic Sea semisubmersible for Transocean Offshore and the Frontier Driller semisubmersible for Frontier Drilling.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Frontier Drilling ASA more info
- Noble Expands, Enhances Global Fleet with Frontier Acquisition (Jun 28)
- Shell Continues Evacuations from Western Gulf of Mexico Operations (Jun 28)
- Noble Nourishing Relationship With Shell (Jun 28)
Company: Signal International more info
- Signal Names New VP of Strategic Planning (Jun 02)
- Signal International to Build Ocean Deck Barge for Signet Maritime (Jun 18)
- Signal International Beats Time on Frontier Driller Revamp (Jun 04)