DTI Gives Go-Ahead to Centrica for Rose Development
Centrica plc has received approval from the U.K. Department of Trade and Industry for the development of the Rose gas field in the southern North Sea. Drilling is scheduled to begin at the end of May, with first gas anticipated in the fourth quarter of 2004. Centrica is investing GBP50 million in the development.
The Rose field has been run by Centrica Resources Limited, a unit of Centrica, since December 2002, when it bought the remaining equity from U.K. gas company BG Group PLC to become the sole owner and operator of Rose. The drilling services contract for the Rose field has been awarded to GlobalSantaFe Corp.
- Transocean's GlobalSantaFe Merger Proves Positive in Year End Review (Feb 20)
- GlobalSantaFe Updates Customs Investigation (Nov 27)
- Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe (Nov 27)
Company: Centrica PLC more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- Gazprom Smells Opportunity as UK's Biggest Gas Store Shuts (Jun 23)