Claxton Grabs Subsea Contract for Deep Panuke
Claxton Engineering Services Ltd, an Acteon company, has been awarded a contract worth in excess of £1 million by leading North American natural gas producer EnCana Corporation.
Claxton will be supplying subsea risers, interface connections and personnel for drilling and completions operations for five wells on a high-pressure natural gas platform, set in depths of 44 meters, 175 km offshore Nova Scotia, in the Deep Panuke field.
During Q2, 2009, the equipment will be shipped to Halifax, where Claxton will prepare it for operations before it is taken offshore. The project is being conducted from a Rowan Gorilla-class jackup rig and drilling is scheduled to commence in Q3 of 2009, with Claxton engineers on hand to help run and pull the riser. It is expected that the project will be producing by 2010. Sister Acteon company, 2H Offshore, will be providing riser analysis throughout the operation.
Laura Claxton, managing director, Claxton Engineering Services, said, "This is a long-term, high-value contract to be conducted offshore Nova Scotia. This contract marks Claxton’s entrance to the North American sector and we have been selected for this because Claxton can provide a high-quality and best value full riser supply service."
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: Acteon more info
- InterMoor Wraps Up Ops at Offshore Angola Gig (Apr 03)
- 2H Offshore Expands Malaysia & Australia Presence, May Recruit Engineering (Dec 04)
- LDD Wraps Up Foundation Installation Gig Offshore Gabon (Oct 20)
Company: Claxton Engineering Services more info
- North Sea Decom: Claxton Secures Statoil Deal (Jul 27)
- Claxton Strengthens Rental Inventory (Jun 23)
- Claxton Launches Next-Generation, Slimline Tension Rings (Aug 26)