Suncor to Service Leak on Oil Sands Pipeline
Suncor Energy Inc. is responding to a pipeline leak on its Oil Sands Pipeline near Wandering River, Alberta. The pipeline carries products from Fort McMurray to Edmonton.
At approximately 11:30 a.m. on July 15, Suncor’s Pipeline Control Center staff identified the leak and shut in the pipeline. First responders were sent to the site of the leak, approximately 10 km north of the town of Wandering River. There are no residents in the vicinity of the leak.
The company has notified the Alberta Energy Resources Conservation Board and Alberta Environment.
Suncor employees and contractors are on site to undertake repairs and clean-up. An investigation into the cause of the incident is also under way. At this time, production from Suncor’s Oil Sands facility is not affected.
- Canadian Oil's High-Priced Run Set to End as Supply Surges (Oct 11)
- Suncor, Total Argue Over Cost Of Fort Hills Project (Jul 27)
- Synthetic Crude Rises On Extended Syncrude Oil Sands Cuts (Jun 14)
Company: Alberta Energy & Utilities Board more info
- Suncor to Service Leak on Oil Sands Pipeline (Jul 17)
- Regulators Give Nod to Imperial's Kearl Oil Sands Project (Feb 28)
- Husky's Net Profit Bulks Up (Feb 06)