Exploratory Well Offshore Mozambique is Abandoned

Zarara Oil & Gas announced that the exploratory well, Sofala #2, offshore Mozambique did not encounter commercial quantities of hydrocarbons and the well will plugged and abandoned. Noble Drilling's jackup, Noble George McLeod, will move to the second well location, Sengala #1 which is located approximately 32 miles southeast of Beira in approximately 86 feet of water. This well will be drilled to 10,200 feet to test the Domo sandstone. The Sofala-Sengo Block is operated by Sasol Petroleum having a 90 percent working interest and Zarara Oil & Gas holding the remaining 10 percent.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles
Brent Crude Oil : $53.87/BBL 0.48%
Light Crude Oil : $50.73/BBL 0.79%
Natural Gas : $3.33/MMBtu 2.14%
Updated in last 24 hours