Otto Names Richard King as New Commercial Manager
Otto Energy has appointed Richard King as Commercial Manager, effective July 28, 2008. Richard has 12 years experience in the energy sector including working at Duke Energy, Woodside and most recently as Upstream Commercial Manager and Domestic Gas Marketing Manager for the Gorgon LNG Project at Chevron.
In his career at these companies, he has held a wide range of senior commercial roles ingas marketing and commercial negotiations with respect to asset acquisitions and divestments, regulatory and government affairs, such as Production Sharing Contract (PSC) terms.
At Otto, he assumes responsibility for several key business functions including:
- Manage and optimize Otto’s contracts, including Joint Operating Agreements, Service Contracts, rig contracts, etc;
- Negotiation of exploration and project agreements with farm in partners and economic and commercial evaluation of potential new ventures;
- Manage debt financing arrangements, oil and gas marketing; and Supply chain management.
"We are extremely pleased Richard is joining us as he brings a wealth of big company commercial experience to the management team at a time when Otto will be negotiating our Philippines farm outs with the mid-tier and major oil companies," said Otto's CEO, Alex Parks.
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)