Subsea 7 Sinks North Sea Contract with Ithaca
Subsea 7 Inc. has been awarded a contract by Ithaca Energy (UK) Limited for installation works in Block 12/21c of the UK Sector North Sea approximately 10.5km north east of the existing Beatrice Alpha facilities. The contract is valued in excess of US $22 million.
Subsea 7 is to provide project management, fabrication, installation and offshore pre-commissioning of a 10.5km production and water injection pipeline and power cable tie-back of the new Jacky platform to the Beatrice Alpha platform with a 1km production and water injection pipeline tie-back of the Beatrice Bravo platform to a mid-line manifold structure.
The offshore installation of the work is due to take place in late 2008 and will be carried out by the Seven Navica pipelay vessel assisted by the Seven Sisters construction vessel and Rockwater 1 dive support vessel. The project will be managed and engineered from Subsea 7’s offices in Aberdeen with pipeline fabrication being undertaken at the company’s North Sea spoolbase at Vigra in Norway.
"We are particularly delighted with this award as we have been able to secure work with Ithaca Energy on their first North Sea construction project. This award further consolidates the capabilities of Subsea 7 in undertaking fast track projects," said Subsea 7's North Sea VP, Robin Davies.
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Ithaca Energy more info
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)