LeTourneau Lands $90MM Land Rig Contract
Rowan Companies, Inc. has announced that its wholly owned manufacturing subsidiary, LeTourneau Technologies, Inc. (LTI), has entered into a contract to provide major components for nine new 1500 horsepower land drilling rigs. The contract is with Nomac Drilling, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy Corporation, and is valued at approximately $90 million.
Each of the rigs will feature AC drive technology and incorporate key LTI drilling equipment, including the mud pumps and drawworks. Delivery of the components is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2008 and be completed by mid 2009.
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: LeTourneau Inc. more info
- PetroVietnam Taps LeTourneau for Newbuild Jackup Rig Kit, Services (Jun 01)
- LeTourneau Inks $185MM Construction Contracts with Brazilian Consortium (Mar 26)
- LeTourneau Lands $90MM Land Rig Contract (Jul 16)