StatoilHydro Given the Go Ahead to Drill with Ocean Vanguard
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling in the Norwegian Sea using the semisub Ocean Vanguard.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 6608/11-6 belonging to Production License 128. The well is located about 17 kilometers northeast of Norne. The closest distance to the shore (Vega outside Bronnoysund in Nordland County) is 165 kilometers. The water depth at the site is 357 meters.
Ocean Vanguard (previously West Vanguard) is a drilling facility of the Bingo 3000 type, which was commissioned in 1982 at Trosvik Verksted AS. It has undergone a number of upgrades. The facility is classed in DnV and is operated by Diamond Offshore Netherlands BV. Ocean Vanguard received the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway’s Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) on July 2, 2004.
According to the application for consent, drilling will start in mid-July 2008. The activity has an expected duration of 34 days.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)