DONG Increases Stakes in Hejre Licenses
DONG Energy has increased its stake of the Hejre license by 10% to a total of 60%. DONG Energy has acquired the 10% stake from Bayerngas Norge AS (Bayerngas) for USD 48 million, equivalent to approximately DKK 230 million. The transaction also included the acquisition of an 8% stake in the Hejre Extension
License partner Petro-Canada Denmark GmbH has chosen to sell the company's Danish E&P licenses to Bayerngas, and it is a part of these, which DONG Energy has now acquired from Bayerngas. The acquisition will increase DONG Energy's stakes in the Hejre and Hejre Extension licenses to 60% and 48%, respectively.
DONG Energy is the operator of the Hejre license, where a discovery was made in 2001. The license partners are in the process of preparing a plan for the development of the field. The plan is expected to be appraised in 2009.
"The acquisition consolidates our presence in an area, where we are operator and thereby strengthens our position further on the Danish continental shelf," said Poul Munk Andersen, Senior Vice President of DONG Energy.
The remaining Hejre license partners are Bayerngas, holding 15%, and StatoilHydro, holding 25%. In the Hejre Extension license the remaining partners are Bayerngas with a 12% stake and the Danish North Sea Fund and StatoilHydro, holding 20% each. DONG Energy is the operator of both licenses.
The acquisition is subject to approval by authorities and partners.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: Bayerngas Norge AS more info
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)