Tethys Gears Up to Test Production at Attila

Tethys has announced that preparations to conduct production testing of the potential natural gas well PLM-2 on the Attila license onshore Eastern France have commenced.

PLM-2 was drilled in October last year and downhole measurements indicated the presence of a total of 10.5
meters of net natural gas pay. The commercial viability of the well will be tested by a full scale production test set to commence during next week.

PLM-2 has been reentered by rig operator Cofor, the same contractor that drilled the well in October, and is now being completed for production. Testing using a Schlumberger test unit is scheduled to commence next week, and could continue for a period of up to 3 weeks.

During the drilling of PLM-2 gas shows were recorded in the Triassic formation. The well was logged and an 80 meter zone of gross pay was identified. Over this mainly limestone section, a total of 10.5 meters net natural gas pay was encountered.

The Attila license is located in the oil and gas producing Paris basin about 250 kilometers east of Paris. Tethys has a 40% interest in the license. Private French oil company Galli Coz S.A. holds the remaining 60% and is Operator.
 

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
United States Broussard: Senior Field Engineer - MWD/LWD
Expertise: Field Development
Location: Broussard, LA
 
Senior Well Engineer
Expertise: Drilling Engineering|Well Control
Location: United States
 
Brinefield Operations Engineer
Expertise: Field Service Tech|Pipeline Engineering|Production Engineering
Location: Magnolia, AR
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $54.46/BBL 0.96%
Light Crude Oil : $51.68/BBL 1.21%
Natural Gas : $3.44/MMBtu 1.99%
Updated in last 24 hours