Tethys Gears Up to Test Production at Attila
Tethys has announced that preparations to conduct production testing of the potential natural gas well PLM-2 on the Attila license onshore Eastern France have commenced.
PLM-2 was drilled in October last year and downhole measurements indicated the presence of a total of 10.5
meters of net natural gas pay. The commercial viability of the well will be tested by a full scale production test set to commence during next week.
PLM-2 has been reentered by rig operator Cofor, the same contractor that drilled the well in October, and is now being completed for production. Testing using a Schlumberger test unit is scheduled to commence next week, and could continue for a period of up to 3 weeks.
During the drilling of PLM-2 gas shows were recorded in the Triassic formation. The well was logged and an 80 meter zone of gross pay was identified. Over this mainly limestone section, a total of 10.5 meters net natural gas pay was encountered.
The Attila license is located in the oil and gas producing Paris basin about 250 kilometers east of Paris. Tethys has a 40% interest in the license. Private French oil company Galli Coz S.A. holds the remaining 60% and is Operator.
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
Company: Tethys Oil AB more info
- Tethys Oil: 'Exciting Years' Ahead in Omani Blocks (Nov 07)
- Tethys Oil AB Agrees New Boundaries for Block 3 Onshore Oman (Nov 21)
- Tethys Increases Oil Production in Oman (Sep 19)